Analytics

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Miscellany: 2/24/16

Quote of the Day
If I die tonight in my sleep: 
Let me have hugged and told my children that I love them, 
Let me have told my mother how much she is loved and appreciated, 
Let me have helped a friend or better, a stranger, 
Let me have worked very hard these past hours in the name of my personal progress, and,
Let me have gone to sleep with the knowledge that I did the very best I could do today.
Rick Beneteau

Tweet of the Day
Ted Cruz On Gun Violence



Choose Life: Baby Girl Welcomes Daddy Home









Facebook Corner

(continued from a Pro-Life Libertarian thread. The question is whether a pro-life libertarian could vote for a pro-abort libertarian, like Gary Johnson.)
So if the states want to execute all the Jews that live there, that's no business of the federal government?
No, the state governments by the fourteenth amendment section 1 cannot deprive people of their lives without due process of law (i.e., capital punishment) and moreover their laws must provide equal protection. This is ensured by the Supremacy Clause under Article 6 of the Constitution.
What about the "Life at Conception Act"? It sounds like it would trump Roe v. Wade. http://m.townhall.com/.../sen-rand-paul-introduces-life...
This basically conflicts with Roe v Wade, and SCOTUS is likely to strike it down. Also, it would never get past a Senate filibuster by Senate Dems.

Political Humor



Political Cartoon
Courtesy of Chip Bok via Townhall
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Stevie Wonder, "I Was Made to Love Her"