Analytics

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Miscellany: 2/23/16 Nevada Caucuses

Quote of the Day
If a man will begin with certainties, 
he shall end in doubts; 
but if he will be content to begin with doubts 
he shall end in certainties.
Sir Francis Bacon

Tweet of the Day
Image of the Day

Economic Myths



Cool Science



The Nevada Caucuses

I am not going to stay up all night. I don't know how representative the first 17% are (they could be coming from Trump strongholds) but I've been watching his share of the vote go from the low 40's to 47%, which, if it stands, would be impressive, however I feel about Trump. As I write, Rubio is at 24% and Cruz about 20%. Carson and Kasich are below 6%. I'm not going to repeat what I tweeted above, but with 3 consecutive victories, Trump has strong momentum heading into Super Tuesday. Cruz needs to do well; if he can't win 3 or 4 states, including Texas, I don't see a path for him. Rubio needs to win somewhere, and I'm not sure that can happen with Cruz still in the race.

Facebook Corner

(Pro-Life Libertarian). Will you vote for the ProChoice, Libertarian candidate over the Republican or Democrat?
I don't see abortion as a federal issue. If the GOP nominates Trump, I will most likely vote Libertarian Party.
It's not the job of the federal government to stop the execution of babies?
 No. Police powers are under the states via the Tenth Amendment.
I agree with Ronald A Guillemette, but since the judicial branch of the federal government legalized abortion, it must be attacked at the federal level.
You can only change the Constitution through an amendment or convention, both unlikely. In either case, the President plays no role. Of course, judicial nominations are important. (Make no mistake--I am pro-life, but I'm also a political realist.)

Political Cartoon
Courtesy of Gary Varvel via Ron Paul FB
Courtesy of Glenn McCoy via Townhall
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Stevie Wonder, "A Place in the Sun"