Analytics

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Miscellany: 1/28/16

Quote of the Day
If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime.
Swedish Proverb

Tweet of the Day

NOTE: I originally intended to publish my review of tonight's seventh GOP debate tonight. The problem is that I had a bizarre cable interruption of about 10 minutes. So I'm going to have to go through a tape of the debate and watch the missing cable. I've also been working on and off on a Trump post which I also hope to finally publish over the weekend.

Image of the Day


The First Amendment vs Charleston's Monopoly on Tourist Guides



Trump In Bed With Corrupt Politicians



Political Potpourri

NBC released a flurry of new polls today. Trump adds to his IA winning streak but for the  first time I've noticed in a while, Rubio, who had seemed to plateau in recent polls at maybe 11-12% seems to have edged up to 16-18%. Still not close enough to say overcome a 12-point deficit to Trump, but it will be interesting to see how Trump's decision not to debate tonight plays in Iowa next week. They have Trump lapping the field in NH with Cruz, Kasich, and Rubio playing for the silver. [A separate Suffolk poll paralleled the NBC polls with more of a Cruz/Kasich battle for the silver, just over Rubio.) Christie seems to be fading, while it looks like Bush is battling with Carson for top 4 status (across polls). Trump also has a big lead in Pennsylvania and South Carolina with the usual suspects running behind them.

At this point, I think Christie and/or Carson drop off after NH unless somehow they end up placing in IA or NH. I just see no road forward through Super Tuesday. I think Kasich has to place to get momentum elsewhere. I see Bush going through Florida, but I don't see him surviving a loss in his home state. The withdrawal of other candidates should consolidate support for the non-Trump frontrunners.

On the other side, NBC has Clinton slightly up in Iowa and significantly behind in NH.

Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Bob Gorrell via Townhall
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Juice Newton, "Queen of Hearts"



The Making of a Trump Cultist



9-year-old girl cries upon learning she's going to meet Donald J. Trump.
Posted by Mashable on Wednesday, January 27, 2016