Analytics

Friday, March 23, 2018

Post #3597 M

Quote of the Day

When you were born, 
you cried and the world rejoiced. 
Live your life so that when you die, 
he world cries and you rejoice.
Kabi  


From the New Blog:


Night of the Living Voters and Dead
I prefer more subtle vs. insulting political humor. For example, when Bernie Sanders complains about 23 choices of deodorants, I might respond, "Only 23?Senator, have you ever been on ?"

Having to pay taxes
Trump was misquoted: he meant to say 'tired of all the whining'. "Tired of all the Winning"

Context is everything. Oddly enough, the greatest President over the past century gave the best example. When a lady next to him at dinner said that she made a bet she could get 3 words out of Silent Cal: "You lose."

Here's a Group of People Who Sorely Deserve Getting Their Asses Kicked?




Our National Debt Is Out of This World




Trump's Infrastructure Plan




Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Gary Varvel via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Neil Sedaka, "Solitaire". No, not  Laura Branigan's version. This is one of my all-time favorite songs (for obvious reasons, never married, although I haven't played Solitaire in years). The ballad was the title track in a 1972 British release, although he apparently never released it. It became an A/C chart topper for the Carpenter (below); I'm a huge Carpenters fan, but of the three versions, I prefer Andy William's more personal (lyrics) take (and I'm a huge Williams fan). This is one of those songs I've sung literally dozens of times in the shower and my inner producer wants to remake the song with a jazzy backdrop, maybe a wailing sax. It's harder to sing than you think; whereas a lot of times a singer is challenged by high notes (think Aerosmith's "Dream On" or Boston's "More Than a Feeling") this song has a low note that's hard to nail. But if you recall my criticism about Sedaka's "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"'s bouncy arrangement, I think he really nailed the mournful melody in this song. In my mind, I see the protagonist here like a lonely old man living out his final years. (I need to start working on my own songs.