Analytics

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Post #3578 M

Quote of the Day

If you kick a stone in anger, you'll hurt your own foot. - Korean Proverb  


Have I Returned To Twitter?

Not in the sense it's business as usual. I accidentally found myself logged into Twitter (password management apps). I was curious over a few things, like did my followers go away? No, except for maybe one or 2. Would some of my new blog material still go over? I haven't checked impressions, but the Madison quote (see below) drew a quick like.

A few things. First, I've cooled off a bit over the last 3 weeks since Twitter's brief, unconscionable censorship action. Second, Twitter gives me a larger audience to sample my content, and ultimately I want to promote audience awareness of my content. Third, I'll be more selective in picking my moments to tweet: fewer replies to clueless Twitter users, hashtag games, as frequently calling people out as economic illiterates or left-fascists. The days of 30 or more Tweets or objectives like 1000 or more daily impressions are in the past; I have nothing to prove; I've already done that for sustained periods of time. That doesn't mean they won't happen in the future, but it will reflect on my interest in trending topics.

The reply tweets were never really about shaming Trumpkins and equally clueless leftists; I was really more interested in promoting a pro-liberty point of view. This doesn't mean I''ll simply ignore dumb tweets. I've decided on a new feature in the new blog called "RAG Trolling" which is a variation on the Jaywalking concept. You'll see an example of that in the below excerpt of the pro-tariff Trumpkin.


An Excerpt from the New Blog

107 House Republicans signed a letter opposing Trump's economic illiterate tariff policies. An idiot Trumpkin tweets "I doubt these 107 House Republicans are representing the people of their state and more like the lobbyists." Trumpkin, a short lesson. A tariff is like a federal sales tax on certain imported goods." The GOP is about LOWERING taxes on people, NOT raising them. The real-life corrupt capitalists and lobbyists basically collude with the corrupt Trump to raise prices on American consumers and businesses. Ask Herbert Hoover whether his high tariffs got America out of the Depression.

#IfIHadASuperpower  I would switch Trump's body with a Latino's and send ICE  after him.

#IfIHadASuperpower I would make it a crime for politicians to have a nose job and then make their noses grow for each lie they tell the voters.

#MakeHistoryModern "Four score and 7 years ago--okay, what [expletive deleted] didn't put his cellphone in airplane mode? I'm trying to make history here!" -- Lincoln

#MakeHistoryModern "A $20T national debt? 800 military bases in over 70 countries around the world? A national bank which devalues the dollar by 97%? Stop trying to scare people! I can assure you our Constitution will never allow that to happen!" -- James Madison

#IfIWereTheLastPersonOnEarth I would finally win Time's "Man of the Year" competition.

Schumer, who favors economic protectionism against China, isn't for sweeping tariffs at the expense of allies like Canada and the EU, which are likely to impose retaliatory tariffs. Of course, NY shares a border with Canada. Just across from where my folks honeymooned, where it sounds like Democrats flushing taxpayer money down the toilet. Chuckie, there is no such thing as a "good" tariff and a "bad" one: they are all bad. If you think China won't retaliate against discriminatory tariffs, you are both naive and stupid.

DEAD WRONG: Solar Panel Tariffs Are Good For American Jobs




The First Amendment: Needed More Than Ever




None of Us Care What the Hell Celebrities Think




Political Cartoon



Courtesy of Tom Stiglich via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Carole King, "It's Too Late".