Analytics

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Post #3571 M

Quote of the Day

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. 
The shadow is what we think of it; 
the tree is the real thing.
Abraham Lincoln  

From the New Blog


via Eye of the Tiber (Catholic Satire Site)
"Adam, don't you dare tell me what I can or cannot eat. If I want that forbidden fruit, I'll eat it."
Houston Nations I don't have to look at Ronald's profile to tell that he's married.

Ha, ha, ha! This is the funniest reaction I've ever gotten on social media, including all the time I spent on Twitter. Nope, never married, not by conviction but circumstances (workaholic, road warrior, etc.) But I have dated, plus I have a Mom and four little sisters

*

And as I'm not already pissed off  enough about Trump's suggestion that the government steal citizen guns without due process, Trump decided to put tariffs on imported aluminum and steel. Faithful readers know what I'm about to say: protectionism is  economic illiterate, anti-consumer (including producers who use these commodities in intermediate or final goods. It's a case of concentrated benefits (domestic producers of these products) and diffuse costs (consumers); it's intrinsically corrupt and will lead to retaliatory responses targeting American products. It's lose-lose economics: why do you think the stock market tanked in the aftermath if Trump's actions "made the economy great again?" Nobody, not even Democrats except from union workers for protected industries, thinks this is a good idea.

*

Steppin' in a Twilight Zone #ClassicRockForClassicTV

GunSmoke on the Water  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Little Pink Houses on the Prairie  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Gilligan's Islands in the Stream  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

We Are All in the Family  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Take It To the Outer Limits  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

I Dream On Being With Jeannie  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

She Loves Chachi, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Waiting For a Star Trek to Fall  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Golden Girl Days (Wa, Wa, Wa)  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Welcome Back To My Nightmare, Kotter  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

We Don't Need Another Hogan's Hero  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Eight Days a Week Is Enough  #ClassicRockForClassicTV

Image of the Day


Minnesota, your discriminatory anti-speech voter dress code law is going DOWN!


Kibbe On Broken Families and School Violence




Freedom of Expression vs. Governmemt Intolerance At the Polls




Ron Paul On Trump's Authoritarianism Showing Through





Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Michael Ramirez via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Frank Sinatra, "It Happened in Monterey"