Analytics

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Making a Point About Twitter Censorship

At minimum, I would expect to see my own Tweet view, but let's show why I know Twitter is engaged in at least selective censorship (note the first column totals impressions):



And a second one:


Now, as I've repeatedly pointed out, I don't write Tweets for the impressions/views.  But pretending that I and at least some of over 70 followers haven't viewed the tweets in question isn't serious. The first tweet in question bashes Trump; I've seen at least 50 times worse routinely by those with Trump Derangement Syndrome. I suspect they don't like the idea of Trump not tweeting, but chances are that the tweet wouldn't have drawn that many impressions without intervention.

It's hard to see the second tweet being rejected for anything less than partisan, ideological means, somebody offended by my characterizing mass transit subsidies as parasitic.

You now can see my confusion over the temporary (12-hour) suspension on my account a few weeks back. It's not clear what's going on, but I'm determined to have diversification and redundancy with respect to my own content.