Analytics

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Post #3592 M

Quote of the Day

We are wiser than we know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 


Alas, my UH Cougars lost to Michigan yesrerday by a last second 3-pt. shot for the first time in the top 32 since I earned my doctorate. Old story: Houston failed to hit foul shots with 4 seconds on the clock that would locked the game away. I still have nightmares how NC State managed to steal away the National Championship in in the era of Phi Slama Jama. Sigh! I wish Michigan the best.

Sigh! The closest I came to being a school athlete was to try out for my eighth-grade basketball where I made to final cut. I still think I was one of the best pure shooters on the squad. (I remember once hitting 6 consecutive half-court shots in practice at a military gym (easier without someone's hand in my face).)  I lived for foul shots. I know it's a lot harder with game pressure and crowd noise.

Why did I get cut? He didn't tell me. No hard feelings. As coaches will tell you, you can't coach height (I was average), and my quickness and defensive/ball-handling skills could have been improved. I never even bothered at my south Texas high school; I think we won every district game until I graduated, and I knew I couldn't crack the starting lineup.

From the New Blog:


  1. Any time an incumbent political whore wins an election with 75% of the vote, particularly in an economically struggling country like Russia, it's a sham election. "Vladimir Putin"
  2. They still hold a grudge against FDR for confiscating their gold.
  3. They prefer to be called "little people".
  4. Replying to   and 
    Trump IS corruption. His tariffs are anti-consumer; they seem to enrich the chosen few at the expense of consumers and metal-using industries. The bastard also bashes judges and defendant rights. He opposes individual freedoms and is un-American at his core.
  5. What bothers me about the McCabe termination is not so much the termination of a person who violated the public trust or the timing of the termination relative to his retirement, but the fact that Trump agitated and rejoiced in it. Trump has no respect for the rule of law.
  6. Let's start a new poll: if Trump attempts to fire Mueller, we'll impeach and remove his ass. Self-serving intervention in DoJ matters is corrupt and criminal. "DRUDGE POLL"
  7. If the Dems think that the incompetent Russians can end the GOP Congress or White House, why aren't they buying their services? It's just too painful for the Dems to admit they blew the election by nominating the wrong candidate.
  8. Russian social marketing amateurs did not help elect Trump. As Reason proves, the so-called collusion amounted to literally a drop in the bucket against the far voluminous Clinton campaign chest and utilization of heavily Dem Silicon Valley expertise.
  9. Now that Trump has broken the $21T national debt level, tell me his Nixonian "secret plan" to eliminate the debt in 2 terms? Just a reminder: taxes are about $3.4T/yr. Even if we didn't spent another penny for the rest of his term, maybe only half. This dude: no balanced budget.

Choose Life and Love





Troubling Connection Between Psychological/Psychiatrist Treatment and Violent Crimes




Massie On the Madness On Infringing Our Natural Rights





Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Henry Payne via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Neil Sedaka, "Oh Carol".



Carole King, "Oh Neil" (answer song)