Analytics

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Miscellany: 4/16/16

Quote of the Day
In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; 
A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell

One-Off Post: Bill O'Reilly's "The Truth about the Democrat Party": A Response

Tweet of the Day

Sabrin on the Fed and the Economy



First JOTY Nomination of the Year: Barbara Boxer



Bad Elephant of the Year Nominee: Donald Trump

I can't believe I've waited as long into the new year as I have to list my first nominations for my annual mock awards. Trump blew away the opposition last year and it wasn't even close. This year, where do you even start? His retweeting a comparative wife photo with an unflattering image of Heidi Cruz? His libelous unsupported assertion that Ted Cruz coordinated activities with a PAC, a federal crime? His false accusation Ted Cruz stole the Iowa caucuses and then stole the Colorado delegation without due process? His atrocious behavior during the debates, the name-calling, the interruptions? His knee-jerk defense of his campaign manager who roughly grabbed then Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields after a campaign event, leaving marks.

My Greatest Hits: April 2016
Cruz' Latest Trump Ad



Political Cartoon
Courtesy of Lisa Benson via Townhall
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Donna Summer, "There Goes My Baby"