Analytics

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Post #3305 M

Quote of the Day

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by 
what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones.
Benjamin Franklin  


Tweet of the Day























The Real (Elijah) McCoy




Creative Destruction For Universities?


I haven't a position, but I strongly support any program with a solid foundation in the Great Books (of Western civilization) and I abhor political correctness. A number of things this professor says are spot on.




Sowell On the Obama Presidency


Well, Sowell is not exactly a non-interventionist like I am. But Obama's hubris in thinking the "brilliance" of his rhetoric could dismantle the reality of religious fanaticism goes beyond naïveté.



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Bob Gorrell via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Barbra Streisand, "He Touched Me". My favorite Streisand song, hands down (although I also like a couple of her 80's performances). I thought the song was more commercially successful than it was.