Analytics

Friday, July 28, 2017

Post #3303 M

Quote of the Day

Facts are the enemy of truth.
Miguel de Cervantes  


Tweet of the Day














Video Clip of the Day




Interview With One of My Favorite Senators Ben Sasse





Explanation About Our Health Care Crisis




On Property Rights and Efficiency




Once, Twice, Three Times a Baby




Political Cartoon



Courtesy of Gary Varvel via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Barbra Streisand, "People". I have waited some time before listing Streisand as one of my favorites. For one reason, I abhor her politics. For another thing, the oldest of my sisters (14 months younger) thought Barbra was my favorite artist. I have no idea in the world where she got that from; it's not like I went around humming Streisand songs. However, one of the first holiday albums I bought was hers, and I've always thought she has the best pipes in the business. However, I've not been a fan of much of her material which I don't think is worthy of her talent. I've been particularly critical of this song and "Evergreen" with lyrics as cheesy as "love, soft as an easy chair"--I mean, soft like duck feathers or something like that, fine, but furniture? That being said, when she covered the BeeGees' "Woman in Love", brilliant--and when I first heard her sweeping interpretation of "Somewhere" (from West Side Story), it was almost a mystical experience.

As for my taste in music, I was more pop/soft rock/country crossover. Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Johnny Cash,  Barry Manilow, BeeGees, the Stones, the Supremes, etc. Not a fan of rap or disco. My faithful readers should have a better idea by now about my taste in music.