Analytics

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Post #3292 M

Quote of the Day

A childlike man is not a man whose development has been arrested; 
on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop 
long after most adults have muffled themselves 
n the cocoon of middle aged habit and convention.
Aldous Huxley  

Tweet of the Day





























Image of the Day



Telsa vs. Crony Big Dealers in Texas




Illinois' Budget Debacle




Political Cartoon



Courtesy of Gary Varvel via Townhall



Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Dan Hill, "Daddy's Song". This song never charted for Dan Hill, but it's my favorite. It's one of the privileges of writing a blog; I was surprised to find a video for the song. I first discovered it on a Hill compilation. It deals with mortality, the complicated father-son relationship. (Dan is also biracial.) I am especially moved by the verse where he acknowledges the great love of his Dad for his Mom.