Analytics

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Post #3072 M

Quote of the Day

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, 
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. 
What a man can be, he must be.
Abraham Maslow  

Tweet of the Day




Image of the Day


A Conservative Hero: Former Puerto Rican President Fortuno




Why Ron Paul Should Have Been President





Facebook Corner


(Libertarian. Republicans). Everyone should be able to agree with Gary Johnson here.         
 Don't be absurd. The issue has to do with the use of force to prohibit voluntary association and the liberty to migrate. If I have some relative who currently lives elsewhere, I have every right to have him visit or even move in with me. If I'm an employer, and I decide the talent I want to hire lives outside the local area, we have the right to contract; a landlord has the right to rent to whoever he chooses.

We have had a heritage of open immigration (with some minor exceptions) until WWI; the current restrictions are absurd, economically illiterate, and morally indefensible.. There are some minor exceptions, like contagious disease, but for the most part, does any libertarian have a right to restrict someone not on his own property? No.

Gary Johnson is, at best, a dubious libertarian. He thinks, for instance, government has the right to use force to compel Christian bakers to work for any politically protected special interest group.


The idiot Hanson fails to distinguish that there's a difference between what people can do on your own property and what they can do outside your property lines. What Hanson advocates would keep invited guests from reaching their hosts.

(Justin Amash). I, Justin Amash, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
Well... if you don't break the medical monopolies we're toast as a nation. I would hope you can understand basic math. And possibly get these numbers to trump somehow. It really should the first thing you do in office. But I doubt you will. https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231561
You mean the current fascist-imposed government healthcare monopoly? Government has done more to obfuscate a more responsive, efficient, effective free market than anything. Expecting government which is responsible for sector inflation to fix a problem it creates goes beyond delusion and economic illiteracy.

Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Bob Gorrell via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Cher, "If I Could Turn Back Time"