Analytics

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Post #3066 M

Quote of the Day

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that 
one useless man is a shame, 
two is a law firm, and 
three or more is a congress.
John Adams  

Image of the Day



DEAD WRONG: The Draft Helps Bring People Together




Regulation Impedes Economic Growth




Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Lisa Benson via Townhall

Musical Interlude: Christmas Favorites


Guy Lombardo (with the Lombardo Trio), "Auld Lang Syne". I used to watch Guy Lombardo annually on New Year's Eve; I think CBS finally ended the tradition a year or two after the band leader passed. I just loved the smooth, silky arrangement; I think my maternal grandfather had gotten me hooked (he was also big on Lawrence Welk). But one thing missing was the late great poet Robert Burns' memorable lyrics; this version includes them.