Analytics

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 2012: Results LATE EDITION

There is no way to sugarcoat the fact other people today reelected the worst,  most incompetent President in  American history whom ran a dishonorable campaign unworthy of a legitimate American President. The next 4 years I will be an outspoken opponent of the renewed economic fascist regime.  There will be no congratulations. I wish my country well, but you get what you voted for. You are too easily satisfied and all you have done is defer the necessary changes and sacrifice, and the necessary medicine will be all the more bitter.

All night long until about 12:30 AM EST Obama was behind in the popular vote, he divided the nation and will reap what he sowed. There is no mandate,

I will criticize the Romney campaign at a later date.It's bad enough he lost a close election. I give him props for turning around a losing campaign with one of the best debate performances in American history. Yet for a really smart guy, he let the opposition define him, he didn't take advantage of a predictable opponent , and he seemed to coast down the home stretch, saying little more than "the economy sucks, and I can fix it." An election should be about big ideas, not your resume.

To be honest I had a sinking realization even before I published my earlier post. On FNC, I saw very long lines in Virginia and Florida. I had been led to believe that the Dems had banked their reliable votes. But I was hearing very high turnouts in Dem strongholds.  Then there was a report that an Obama pollster had ceded NC, FL, and VA, and it looks like the last 2 states actually went for Obama by a per cent or so. Clearly the Obama campaign executed their ground game better.

I made several predictions that went wrong very quickly, including thinking Romney would split 2 of MN, MI, WI, and PA. I didn't publish but I had already written off NH, NV, and IA. To be honest I wasn't that comfortable with a couple of polls suggesting a tie or 1-2 point leads--they could have been outlier results.When I saw PA fall quickly, it was clear that the surge I thought I saw for Romney was based on illusory, thin data. At that point, along with the fact Romney was struggling to win the 3 states I thought he had taken out 2 or 3 weeks ago I knew Romney was going to have a long night--he needed more of a surge to get past the trenches in the battleground states.

I'm glad to see the GOP House held, maybe picked up a few seats. We can be sure Obama will not be allowed to resume his spendthrift ways.

I am probably just as disappointed over the Senate races as much as the Presidential race. There is no excuse when Dem seats are 2-1 over the GOP not to pick up 3-4  seats to win the majority  Except for the Nebraska race, the GOP got its clock cleaned. Murdoch and Akin, the 2 "abortion rape" candidates, lost what should have been gimme seats. I heard some idiot FNC commentator link abortion to the Tea Party. The Tea Party is about limited government, and there is no consensus on abortion: some think government has no standing to intervene in women's health issues, and others, like me, argue that violence against a fetus is a violation of a child's unalienable right to live. The issue of pregnancy when the woman does not consent to intercourse is particularly problematic  although statistically insignificant from the universe of pregnancies. If there is consensus, it's that any relevant regulation is enforced under traditional state police powers; I have argued that enough pro-abortion choice Dems are elected to block more restrictive measures; the more practical approach may be enabling restrictions once the fetus has measurable organ (e.g., heart, brain) activity.