Analytics

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Post #4528 M: A Libertarian Economist's Critique of USG Response to COVID-19 Crisis; Rev Sirico on Free Markets and the Crisis

Quote of the Day

What's the earth With all its art, verse, music, worth - 
Compared with love, found, gained, and kept?
Robert Browning

A Libertarian Economist's Critique of USG Response to COVID-19 Crisis



Shlaes on the Great Society

Shlaes is one of my favorite historians who published a long-overdue biography behind one of the greatest Presidents, Calvin Coolidge (well, not crazy about the immigration quota system he signed into law) I think I embedded an earlier clip on the current book behind the JFK/LBJ initiative, but a more detailed clip is in order.



Rev Sirico on Free Markets and the Crisis



Choose Life





Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Pat Cross via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Nat King Cole, "Too Young". This song was a favorite of my Dad and Mom's (who got married at 21 and 18) and a reason I included Nat in my countdown.