Analytics

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Post #4511 M: Stossel on Killing the Gig Economy; Hornberger For President Campaign Update

Quote of the Day

There is not a more important and fundamental principle in legislation, 
than that the ways and means ought always to face the public engagements; 
that our appropriations should ever go hand in hand with our promises. 
To say that the United States should be answerable for twenty-five millions of dollars 
without knowing whether the ways and means can be provided, 
and without knowing whether those who are to succeed us will think with us on the subject, 
would be rash and unjustifiable. 
Sir, in my opinion, it would be hazarding the public faith in a manner contrary to every idea of prudence.
James Madison  

Hornberger For President Campaign Update

If it hasn't been been clear, I'm supporting Hornberger for President. (I don't know for sure, but I may have gone to high school with his younger brother, or at least someone also in south Texas with the same surname.) I've been a registered member of the Libertarian Party, at least to the point Maryland sent me a notice saying they no longer recognize the Libertarian Party. Assuming I'm still living in Maryland for the general election, I can write in Hornberger, if he's not on the ballot. [I've been a member of the Libertarian Party since I left the GOP in the spring of 2016 over Trump. I don't think SC recognizes the LP, but Arizona does.]



Stossel on Killing the Gig Economy



Coronavirus and Politics



Choose Life







Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Steve Breen via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Richard Marx, "Satisfied". Second #1.