Analytics

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Post #4064 M. Short film on Tom Massie; State of War

Quote of the Day

Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control. 
These three alone lead to sovereign power. 
Lord Alfred Tennyson  

Off the Grid: Tom Massie

I wasn't aware of this award-winning film that focuses mostly on MIT graduate inventor/entrepreneur Congressman Massie on his energy self-sufficient farm, where among other things, he raises grass-fed cattle (Probably at least 75% of the beef I've consumed over the last 3 years or so is grass-fed, so I noted that with interest). He speaks of how he conserves water, uses dead wood from his land's plentiful trees to heat his home over the winter, solar energy, etc. He explains his genesis in politics as against zoning restrictions on the local level. I found the film utterly compelling; it's a longer clip than I normally embed, but well-worth watching.



Rand Paul and Massie on Foreign Policy



Kibbe on the Whiskey Rebellion


Choose Life









Political Cartoon


Political Cartoons by Ken Catalino
Courtesy of Ken Catalino via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Genesis (featuring Phil Collins), "Misunderstanding"