Analytics

Friday, March 24, 2017

Post #3157 M

Quote of the Day

The mind is everything; what you think, you become.
Buddha  

Tweet of the Day













Is America in Retreat?

I have to say I'm a non-interventionist, and I especially disagree with the "America in Retreat" author featured in a couple of videos below. I am not an isolationist in the sense I believe free trade and migration alleviate, don't exacerbate global tensions I just have higher barriers to entry on American involvement and recoil from paranoid theories. I do think that America's interventions are morally hazardous, often counterproductive and fiscally unsustainable.

The "broken window" theory described below is basically a variation of the tragedy of commons; will other nations engage in bullying behavior if America practices a less activist foreign policy? Perhaps. But empires are unsustainable, and our involvement basically displaces regional leadership.









No, not the broken window fallacy. This is like what happens when property is not maintained...






Cato Institute: The Driverless Cars Are Coming


I found this discussion utterly absorbing, including left-fascist attempts to identify, control or ration driving. improved efficiency and logistics of existing capacity, alternative methods of road funding, etc.




Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Henry Payne via Townhall



Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Peter Cetera (with Crystal Bernard), "Forever Tonight"