Analytics

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Post #3020 M

Quote of the Day

To dream magnificently is not a gift given to all men, 
and even for those who possess it, it runs a strong risk of being progressively diminished 
by the ever-growing dissipation of modern life and by the restlessness engendered by material progress. 
The ability to dream is a divine and mysterious ability; 
because it is through dreams that man communicates with the shadowy world which surrounds him. 
But this power needs solitude to develop freely; 
the more one concentrates, the more one is likely to dream fully, deeply. 
Charles Baudelaire  

Tweet of the Day
Conscious Capitalism



How To Repeal ObamaCare



The 'Hamilton' Post-Performance Rant at VP-Elect Pence Kerfuffle



Will Trump Make Transportation Great Again?



Theme Songs From My All-Time Favorite TV Series



I loathe lawyers, but Kingsfield was one of my ideals as a professor. The brilliant professor's use of the Socratic method, his rigor and the statement of his teaching philosophy are inspirational (I would have been flattered if my students compared me to Kingsfield instead of comparing my exams to lobotomies or rating them by how many beers it took to forget them.). It was not my role to spoon-feed college students or turn them into clones; I really wanted them to lead them into being self-motivated, independent, adaptive thinkers. I never thought what I taught, like COBOL, given rapidly changing technology, would be relevant over their work careers.



Political Cartoon
Courtesy of Ken Catalino via Townhall
Musical Interview: My Favorite Vocalists

Cher (with Sonny), "When You Say Love". We'll focus more on Cher's solo hits for the rest of the retrospective.