Analytics

Friday, November 11, 2016

Post #3009 M

Quote of the Day

Say not, when I have leisure I will study; you may not have leisure.
The Mishnah  

Tweet of the Day
Commentary On "Freedom On Trial" Series

Over the past week, I've embedded the series "Freedom on Trial", a libertarian drama based on a small businessman put on trial for giving a young man an entry-level low-paying job which happens to violate the prevailing minimum/"living wage" law. Here are follow-ups (note that Galbraith is the devil's advocate trying to justify obscene minimum wage policy):







Making Sense of Trumpism



The Obama Power Grab, Now Comes Trump



Political Cartoon
Courtesy of Steve Kelley via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Kenny Loggins, "If You Believe". Although I have a considerable music collection, I most often purchase greatest hits compilations, rarely an album based on a single hit tune. This was an exception; I couldn't find the single and bought the album to get it. I love the choir backup, and the underrated tune is one of my Loggins favorites. We are heading down the home stretch, closing with an Oscar-nominated performance. Cher will be the last featured performer series of the year, with my annual holiday music retrospective to follow.