Analytics

Friday, November 4, 2016

Post # 3000

Quote of the Day

The remedy is worse than the disease.
Francis Bacon  

Reader Note

When I started publishing this blog 8 years back, I don't think I would have believed I would have written 3000 posts. I tend to like variety and dislike repeating myself; granted, most readers will note that I have had multiply tagged segments like free trade and immigration, but usually it may involve reflections on opposing perspectives, views of other libertarians, historical context, etc., and I try to vary the topics--so you won't necessarily see any one topic as a daily obsession. I try to avoid being strident or personal in stating my point of view. (Yes, I do not like Trump or his dangerous populism, but I've been very explicit why I'll never support Trump. My readers may disagree with my reasons, but I have been very specific and consistent.)  And technically I've written a few more than 3000, but I deleted a few that were more personal in nature and the blog currently shows 2999 because I republished posts during the recent hacker attack on the blog and accidentally deleted one without a backup. Barring any issues, I'll probably publish a blog-high number of posts this year.

I personally dislike repetition and the idea I might have thousands of things to write on political issues seemed counter-intuitive. I think others have had similar regular miscellany style posts like WSJ's "Best of the Web" and various "links" posts by Don Boudreaux and Mark Perry, but the newsletter-like QOTD, cartoon, and musical interlude features are  unique (if others do the same, I'm not aware of them; of course, there are thousands of bloggers out there. I know Boudreaux and others often feature cartoons, videos, and quotations but usually in separate individual posts.) My miscellany format evolved over the first couple of years of the blog, and I didn't publish daily. The blog post titles were temporarily revised to highlight the approaching post count as a side effect of the recent attack. The regular titles will resume shortly (if there is any confusion, 'M' stood for miscellany and 'J' for journal format.

I don't expect major changes in publication schedule, but time constraints have delayed my reviewing the Presidential debates. Hopefully I'll review them over the weekend. I have a major certification to obtain in the near future, so my post-election posts may be briefer. The regular reader probably has noticed I've taken a much lower presence on social media, including Twitter and Facebook. (I've often reprinted my contributions). My most popular tweets lately have been humorous ad libs.

Clinton Scandal Continues



There Are Other Candidates On the Ballot Next Tuesday

Um.... NO!



Freedom on Trial Part I



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Chip Bok via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Kenny Loggins, "Vox Humana"