Analytics

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Post #4114 M: Napoliitano on Amash, Impeachment and Trump; Ron Paul on Assange's Legal Case

Quote of the Day

The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
George Orwell  

Some Blog & FB Notes

The blog passed by the 200K milestone early this morning. Now I think some of the blog hits are misleading. For example, I seemed to get a large burst of hits from Russia around 4 AM which didn't seem to involve recent post statistics. (In fact, recent post readership has slumped to levels roughly half or less like several weeks back when I suspected Google was manipulating access. I've gotten some anecdotal complaints of people unable to access the blog over the past week.) I had a past issue with dubious Russian hits against the blog, not that I regret legitimate Russian reader access; it had more to do with the nature and distribution of the hits. (It was in part why I changed my post naming format from "Miscellany" to "Post #9999 M".) I have no idea why some Russian hackers seem to have been obsessed with my blog since I don't really focus on Russia in the blog. So it's possible the pageview statistics are somewhat inflated, but I have no control over Google analytics and they have a vested interest in maintaining the integrity of their statistics.  There's no doubt, though, that 200K is a significant milestone over the life of this almost 11 year blog which has not really been promoted.

I just received my fourth Facebook group Top Fan bade over the past several days (more on the way?)  My purpose in revealing this is not ego-driven but to promote the groups themselves. Keep in m mind I don't always agree with group posts, and the moderators do not necessarily agree with my opinions. The four groups to date: Cato Institute, Pro-Life Libertarians, Feminists for Life. and Acton Institute. All of these groups are worthy of reader consideration; I'll point out that Acton Institute is a Catholic free market think tank. I've on multiple occasions embedded clips from Cato Institute and the Acton Institute.

Judge Napolitano on Amash and the Impeachment of Trump




Ron Paul on Assange's Legal Case



Climate Change and Nuclear Power




Choose Life










Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Robert Ariail via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Natalie Cole (with father Nat King Cole), "Unforgettable". This concludes my Natalie Cole retrospective. Next up: Bryan Adams.