Analytics

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Post #3866 M: Midterms 2018; "Most Important Election in Our Lifetime?"

Quote of the Day

Blessed is he who carries within himself a God, an ideal, and obeys it.
Louis Pasteur  

Commentary

I voted on my way to work this morning. This is the first time in a while I've had a paper ballot, which my Maryland precinct had me run through a scanner. (They initially had technical issues with their scanner which had maybe 16 voters waiting in line to feed their ballot.)

My vote in deep blue Maryland was mostly a protest vote against "progressive" Democrats. I did vote for incumbent GOP Governor Hogan, but cast votes for other Libertarian Party candidates on the ballot.

In terms of my election eve predictions, the GOP blew past expectations in the Senate; I even tweeted that Tester seemed to have won a blowout victory, but it all depends where the remaining votes are with Rosendale pulling out front by 1 point with two-thirds of the vote and 4 takeaways (FL, ND, MO, IN) in the books already. Two GOP seats in tight races with the nominees in the lead (AZ, NV). Then there will be a runoff for the MS special election which should go GOP in 3 weeks.  So potentially 56 GOP seats assuming the GOP candidates hold onto their leads. This was way above projections. [Late Fox news suggesting that Clark County NV is going big for the Dem, so that seat may flip.]

As I post, Democrats have won 209 seats with 25 pickups to date, 9 away from control. So far no pickups from the Dems in a season

Election Tweets















Ron Paul On "the Most Important Election of our Lifetime"



Choose Life


Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Steve Kelley via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists: The Beatles As Solo Artists

Ringo Starr, "Snookeroo".