Analytics

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Post #3222 M


Quote of the Day

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note.
Doug Floyd  


Tweet of the Day













































Image of the Day

Greener world of global warming


Courtesy of the Independent Institute

Stat of the Day



The Real Reason the South Seceded


I think I've embedded two other Livingstone videos. There are a few soundbites here I know I've heard before, perhaps in the other lectures. I checked my browser history, however, and didn't see this clip listed. Livingstone basically argues that secession wasn't over a policy issue (like slavery or tariffs) but more a philosophic difference with the Hamiltonian/Lincolnian orientation for more centralized government.




Empire of Liberty



You Can't Trust Employment Statistics





Facebook Corner


(Catholic Libertarians).This is an example of the vast and categorical difference between libertarian and libertine. 
I think they're already doing it on K Street with members of Congress.


Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Gary Varvel via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Amy Grant, "God Is With Us". Wow, first time hearing the song, and I love it; it reminds me of her earlier Christian hits. And that is a wrap on my Grant retrospective. Next up: Neil Diamond.