Analytics

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Post #3218 M

Quote of the Day

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
Charles A. Beard  

Tweet of the Day

























DEAD WRONG: Big International Development Projects "Work"




A More Open Taxi Market in Little Rock


I'm still not crazy about having to purchase a permit/license, but it's a step forward to be eligible.



Let Interest Rates Float




Tom Woods: Free E-Book On a Market-Based Approach to Healthcar


Choose Life: Happy Babies and Siblings


The second clip shows babies laughing hysterically over the antics of big brothers. I remember once bouncing a balloon off the head of a baby nephew, and he couldn't stop laughing. His other uncles and aunts repeated the bit. I think it made the difference with one of my sisters-in-law, because she had been hesitant over the prospective pain of childbirth; she was so charmed by our happy baby nephew that she told my brother that she had to have one of her own.







Political Cartoon



Courtesy of Jerry Holbert via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Amy Grant, "Like I Love You". We're nearing the end of my retrospective. Unlike many prior acts, Amy Grant has continued to hit the charts, principally the Christian charts, since 2000, but she hasn't hit the Hot 100 since 1997 and the A/C Top 25 since 2003; even her Christian hits are more like Top 40 than Top 10.

(I mention this periodically; I often use Wikipedia artist  discographies to guide my selections, although I will sometimes include uncharted album tracks which I like and/or got airplay. I will often include tracks, like in this series, that I'm unfamiliar with, but I also reserve the right to exclude tracks I don't particularly care for, even if popular.)

Where I make the cutoff is arbitrary but I'm currently planning on 3 more selection. Who's next? Well, I've been holding two aces for a while now (Elton John and Madonna), but I suddenly realized the other day I haven't done Neil Diamond yet, and he's probably the most sampled vocalist on my current playlist. Not only that, but I think it's his golden anniversary since hitting the pop charts, and so he's next, likely starting next week.