Analytics

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Miscellany: 5/28/15

Quote of the Day
20% of what you do accounts for 80% of the value.
Vilfredo Pareto

Chart of the Day


Image of the Day

Via LFC
Via Ron Paul

Against Anti-Liberty Blue Laws

Any familiar readers know where I stand on this: in my FB Corner feature, IPI often circulates posts on Sunday car sales bans, and I often take on the busybodies; I've never perxonzlly bought a car on a Sunday, but consumers should have that option on their days off. Similarly, I once lived in Irving, which was in (at least then) a dry county. On those rare events when I wanted to buy beer or wine, I would stop on the way to visiting one of my sisters in Plano. But even when I visited my folks for the holidays, the local grocery stores used to rope off their beer/wine aisles on Sunday mornings. I mean, hell: Sunday talk soup takes place in the morning. Listening to hopelessly intellectually challenged, economically illiterate "progressives" often requires an alcoholic beverage....



Are There Any Libertarian Democrats? No



Facebook Corner

(Rand Paul 2016). Looks like Bobby Jindal is trying to get some attention.
There was a time I personally thought Jindal should be on a national ticket. He has lost my respect for his judgment.

(Liberty.me). Rand Paul apparently believes Ed Snowden should be in prison. Agree?
 Yes, Snowden should be in prison. If you're a legitimate libertarian, you stand by your contractual commitments. Snowden knowingly and intentionally violated the terms of his security clearance.

I Don't Know Ms. Trainor, But Bella Will Capture Your Heart



Political Cartoon
Courtesy of Eric Allie via IPI
Courtesy of Eric Allie via IPI
Courtesy of Chip Bok via Townhall
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Cat Stevens, "Peace Train". His first A/C #1 and Top 10 hit on the Hot 100. Arguably his signature tune; outstanding performance. I'll probably reprise this hit later in the countdown.