Analytics

Friday, October 2, 2020

Post #4820 J: It's official! I voted for....

 Actual Mail-In 2020 Ballot


Shutdown Diary

 Well, I really haven't focused on the federal politics so much in this segment; I've been more focused on state and local overreach. But Trump, who I generally disagree with politically, has earned my disdain with his nonsense against COVID-19 testing, bashing scientists who disagree with his rosy expectations for pandemic recovery, his stubborn resistance against wearing facemasks, dangerous suggestions about possible injection of cleaning products, etc. 

It seems like for a long time he's been dodging a bullet as a number of people in his general vicinity had been infected, and he has taken multiple tests. And then comes word this week that one of his closest aides got infected, and he tweeted out that he and the First Lady got positive tests.

As usual, Trump Derangement Syndrome leftist trolls on Twitter seemed almost celebratory over Trump's infection. Let's be clear: I don't like Trump on a personal or political basis, but I don't wish illness on other people.  My prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery for POTUS and FLOTUS.

My check on Washpo's COVID-19 statistics  (below) show a mostly sideways slow statistical decline. We seem to be below the 50K new cases/1K new deaths levels for weeks. In most cases we are seeing modest declines, although hospitalizations seem to be leveling off.

And, yes, I had my annual flu shot at my last in-person doctor's visit. Stark difference from COVID-19, but what we worry about are the combinations of COVID-19 and flu victims. Lots of people die from the flu each year.

In the past week in the U.S....

New daily reported cases fell 2.1% 
New daily reported deaths fell 3.7% 
Covid-related hospitalizations rose 1.4% Read more

Among reported tests, the positivity rate was 4.7%.