Analytics

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Post #4752 Social Media Digest

 Facebook

Twitter

Well, the week from a statistical standpoint didn't start well, with a third "shadow ban pause" in just over a month. It's sort of like Twitter imposing a 3-day timeout. There is no explicit rub-your-nose-in-it official suspension, requiring you to delete a tweet in order to start your suspension. It's not really clear what triggered the timeout, although the last tweet that got typical impressions/views was a tweet implicitly critical of Kamala Harris. (The retired pro wrestler James 'Kamala' Harris had died from COVID-19 complications--no relation.) But to give an idea, during the past month I've averaged about 4K impressions a day--and on Tuesday Twitter shows me with 85 views total. Now some days, like yesterday, I got less than 200 but I didn't find that many trends to comment on, less than a handful of tweets. My blistering hot pace seems to be cooling off somewhat; I now have a few sub-K impression tweets in my top-20 rotating monthly window.