Analytics

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Post #4491 M: Woods on Logical Fallacies; Freedom of Speech

Quote of the Day

Discovery consists in seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.
Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi

Note to Readers: Consider My Other Blogs, Too

I have other blogs like some I've mentioned in the past, including nutrition, software, and other blogs.

Now to some extent I've blurred distinctions in this signature political blog, especially my journal format posts. But I have also have a miscellaneous essay blog, where I've published on occasion. Today I published one of my most personal posts which reflects in large part on certain past relationships. Regular readers may recognize certain bits and pieces of this essay, but this is the first place where I've worked all of them in a cohesive personal story of unrequited love. That may be a poor choice of words because I loved Anne unconditionally, there was some reciprocity of feelings on her part and she knew I loved her. But she didn't choose me to share her life with, and she had opportunities.

This is all wrapped in the story of a 22-year-old who had joined the Navy to teach math and how I came to meet Anne and a weekend I returned to Orlando to see her again a final time. Am I straight? Yes. Have I ever been married or had long-term relationships? No. Do I think women should have work done for the sake of attracting men? Probably not. What attracts me? Big boobs? Not really. (I have been attracted to some voluptuous women, but it really started with an interpersonal connection.) I will say a sense of humor, a positive attitude, kindness and being a good conversationalist/well-informed are qualities that appeal to me.

Now all this is my personal opinion and your mileage may vary. Did I have any insecurities growing up? Yeah, one particular one I shared with Anne. Have I had any decent relationships since Anne? No, I had a particularly bad one at the University of Houston which really soured me on others. Hopefully others may find my story interesting; you may find it odd at points or disagreeing with others

Woods on Logical Fallacies



Justice Thomas and the Catholic Faith



Freedom of Speech


Choose Life


Political Cartoon

Courtesy of AF Branco via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Steve Perry, "She's Mine"