Analytics

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Post #4451 M: How Do Economic and Philosophic Ideas Work in Space?; Woods on a Debate Over the Federal Reserve

Quote of the Day

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
William Shakespeare  

Congratulations, Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs!

How Do Economic and Philosophic Ideas Work in Space?



The Political Correct Mob and Academia



Woods on a Debate Over the Federal Reserve



Choose Life



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Michael Ramirez via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

David Bowie, "Never Let Me Down". This wraps up my Bowie series. Next up: Britney Spears.

A few comments about my series. I often make reference to Wikipedia discographies on singles chart action, generally Hot 100 US charts and the top 40 respectively, in chronological order, although I sometimes exercise judgment over sequence and hits or non-released tracks not in the Top 40. To give a simple example, in my recent Andy Williams series, I didn't embed some obscure but high-charting solo hits from the late 50's, but I did include his well-known versions of 'Moon River' and 'Born Free', although I didn't see them in singles chart action summaries.

Second, my subjective list of vocalists is down to 9 remaining artists, and only 2 of these are female. I've tried to be even-handed in alternating artists by gender. So I'll be ending the vocalist series with a string of male artists.

What follows the vocalist series? First, I'll reprise the Beatles and then my all-time favorite hits compilation. Then I may do series on duets, country music, musicals, R&B, and the American songbook.