Analytics

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Post #3980 M: Minimum Sentencing Injustice; Trade v Poverty


Quote of the Day

The toughest thing about success is that you've got to keep on being a success. 
Talent is only a starting point in this business. 
You've got to keep on working that talent. 
Someday I'll reach for it and it won't be there.
Irving Berlin

The Rock and the Injustice of Minimum Sentence



The Importance of Trade in Bootstrapping Out of Poverty



Abortion Survivor



Choose Life



I remember having to be smuggled in to see my preemie newborn niece Claire during the time I was writing my dissertation. (They would only allow visits from immediate family and grandparents.) Claire was a few months old at my graduation; she liked my gold tassel and yanked off my cap. My niece Megan is an RN who used to work with preemies; she's now a licensed midwife, but she's not THAT Mrs. Robinson (cf. music video).


Such a beautiful cutie!




Political Cartoon



Musical Interlude: Simon & Garfunkel

"Mrs. Robinson". Their second #1 hit.