Analytics

Friday, August 17, 2018

Post #3773 M: RIP to the Queen of Soul; Did Brennan Leak Classified Info?

Quote of the Day

It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, 
there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. 
Where there's service, 
there is someone being served. 
The man who speaks to you of sacrifice 
is speaking of slaves and masters, 
and intends to be the master.
Ayn Rand  

RIP, Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul!

Simply put, Aretha is part of the soundtrack of my life. For familiar reader, I included her in my signature post-ending musical artist series some time back. I intended originally to publish this tribute in yesterday's post (in fact, I published 3 relevant tweets). She had an impressive 9 Top 10 hits in 1967-8 in the heart of the Beatles era, a very competitive, fertile pop music period. Few retrospectives would do her career justice, but I include both pop #1's, including her signature hit and a duet from the 1980's.









Rand Paul On the Brennan Clearance and More




Ron Paul On the Bankrupt US Government




Choose Life: Daddy, I Want To Hold Your Hand









Political Cartoon



Courtesy of Steve Kelley via Townhaill


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Madonna, "Dress You Up"