Analytics

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Post #3735 M: The Unintended Consequences of California Progressive Policies

Quote of the Day

It is how people respond to stress 
hat determines whether they will profit from misfortune 
or be miserable
 Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi  

Exacerbating California's Already Sky High Cost of Living Is Not Good Policy




Choose Life: Population Doom?

From 6 younger siblings, I have 21 nephews and nieces (2 still in college) and 17 grandnephews/nieces (and one step grandnephew). (Of course, I've brought down the average, being a solitary man--key Neil Diamond.) Now, of course, the nephews and nieces are all still in child-bearing years, and a number are still unmarried, but a couple of siblings still don't have grandkids, and 2 more (with 8 kids between them) have only 1 each. (One niece has 5 and a nephew has 4.) But of the last 6 who have married over the last 5 years or so, only 2 have started their families. (In contrast, my Mom had 6 before she turned 30.) To the best of my knowledge, 3 of my most recent college graduate nephews are unattached. Ironically, just 1 of my grand relatives bears the family surname (my middle brother's son is gay).

Oddly enough, of the 6 most recently married, all hold college degrees and most probably have above-average incomes. I adore little kids. My youngest grandniece is absolutely adorable, about 8-9 months old. My nephew and his spouse are graduate-degree engineers and somehow put together a standard down payment in southern California (cf. last clip). I can't wait until I meet the little sweetheart in person for the first time. I'm always pestering my sister for the newest photos and video clips of her first granddaughter.







Ron Paul On Legalized Assault From the TSA



Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Henry Payne via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Elton John (featuring George Michael), "Wrap Her Up"