Analytics

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Post #3727 M: Happy Fourth! Friedman on he Invisible Foot of Government

Courtesy of Being Libertarian on FB
Quote of the Day

The surest way to corrupt a youth is 
to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike t
han those who think differently.
Nietzsche  

Basic Reader Note

I'm going to tweak some features of my signature daily miscellany post. For example, the political cartoon selection has evolved into an ongoing feature but I've routinely tagged cartoons but not my musical video segment. In the early years I debated IP concepts over republishing cartoons (particularly if I had to eat costs in a free blog). But in part, my selection reflects to some extent my perspective, I draw from a diverse set of sources and I consider a diverse selection of artists; I consider it fair use, I attribute the artist and the original source when available. But this will be the last post I tag the political cartoon since it has become a regular feature.

I haven't regularly published my new tweets (now over 15K and climbing), and I've changed the presentation of Facebook Corner clippings. I've also had an untagged semiregular Image of the Day. I may merge these excerpts into a more regular Social Media Digest feature.

Milton Friedman On the Invisible Foot of Government




Milton Friedman On the Robin Hood Myth




The Fourth of July in the Land of Lincoln




Reflection on the Declaration of Independence




Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Bob Gorrell via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Elton John, "Empty Garden". John's powerful tribute to murder victim John Lennon.