Analytics

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Post #3113 M

Quote of the Day

Fortune does not change men, it unmasks them.
Suzanne Necker  

Tweet of the Day


A while back, I had a long Twitter exchange with a cancer patient where I was arguing for a more open prescription drug market, unimpeded by FDA bureaucracy. In this exchange, I deal with a progressive's perception of slavery, the Civil War and Lincoln. Like in the former case, I don't necessarily like to get drawn into these debates. As a libertarian, I find the Confederacy's embrace of slavery morally unacceptable, and the last thing I want to do is to be seen as some sort of reactionary defender of the racist South. But being pro-liberty, I found Lincoln's unprovoked aggression on the Southern states inexcusable, his economic nationalism economically illiterate, his abandonment of constitutionally-protected liberty (e.g., suspension of habeas corpus) a contradiction of his oath of office. As a libertarian, I find contemporary worship of Lincoln contemptible.


















































No to European-Style Control of Free Expression




Choose Life: A 20-Week-Old Preborn Child





Choose Life: The Wonder of Becoming a Grandparent or a Big Brother










Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Steve Kelley via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Tom Petty (with Stevie Nick), "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"