Analytics

Friday, September 25, 2015

Miscellany: 9/25/15

Quote of the Day
If I only had three words of advice, they would be, 
Tell the Truth. 
If I got three more words, 
I'd add, All the Time.
Randy Pausch

Tweet of the Day
Chart of the Day: The Failure of Peronism
via Cato Institute
Image of the Day

PS. Also the POTUS....

Tom Woods: Free Kindle Version of "Real Dissent"

I recently promoted Woods' free ebook on Bernie Sanders' economically illiterate perspect. Real Dissent is a type of apologetics for libertarianism. This free (limited time) offer is available at Amazon.com; I believe that this link gets you to a relevant product page. Depending on the product page you get, you want to look for a "buy" $0.00 hyperlink under/near the Kindle version; it may be sandwiched between other links. (This discussion assumes that you have a prerequisite Amazon account to make purchases.)

First, Do No Harm: The Folly of Democracies



RE: The Law of Comparative Advantage: The $1500 Sandwich



Facebook Corner

(Catholic Libertarians). I never thought I'd applaud John Boehner. Do you think he had a Matthew 9:9 experience, or more like Pope St. Leo the Great vs. Attila the Hun? I wonder what the Jesuit conspiracy theories have to say about this one...
 No doubt after the Pope heard Speaker Boehner's confession, he was going to assign penance but decided 5 years as speaker under Obama was hell on earth.

Political Cartoon
Courtesy of the original artist via Catholic Libertarians
Courtesy of Henry Payne via Reason
Courtesy of the original artist via IPI
Courtesy of the original artist via the Independent Institute
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Lionel Richie, "Do It To Me"