Analytics

Friday, April 24, 2015

Miscellany: 4/24/15

Quote of the Day
It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them.
John J. McCloy

Chart of the Day: Corruption of the Influence-Peddling Clintons


Image of the Day


Are We Rome? Unfortunately, Yes



Hall of Shame: No, Clueless Chief, Knocking a Nonviolent Lady Out by Slamming Her Face Down Against the Pavement In Front of Her 6-Year-Old Daughter Is Not "Professional Police Conduct"



And if that's not enough, watch how the cops manhandle a Sacramento mother of a kidnapped boy in the stolen family car; the cops started treating her as a suspect hiding her injured/dead child in the house.

Political  Cartoon

Courtesy of Glenn Foden
Courtesy of the original artist via Reason
Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Olivia Newton-John, "Have You Never Been Mellow?". Ths pop magic ironically played a role in my own religious life when the UT Catholic priest wrote a homily around it; I was tired of the Church trying to appeal to young people through the culture. It also reminds me of my first job in Houston. I've mentioned how a blond Los Angeles area trainer who had come to the Houston branch was sad because she was away from home on her car's birthday, but had mailed her car a birthday card. (I rhought she was putting me on, until she invited me to ride in her baby during my training in LA and pointed out the card hanging from the rear view mirror.) There was a social event at an executive's home in Woodland Hills, and the executive had an attractive, young blond trophy wife who literally went around saying things like "Mellow, man..." I felt I was living in a real-life cartoon.