Analytics

Monday, May 23, 2022

Post #5722 J

 Pandemic Report

The latest stats from WaPo


The latest vaccine stats from CDC:

Well, as I had predicted, WaPo saw the American COVID-19 fatality count exceed 1M over the past week. No way to sugarcoat a return to 6-digit daily cases (to about 109K). But the rate is decelebrating and hospitalizations and deaths are in single-digit increases. We are approaching a local top of this mini-wave but aren't there yet. Pfizer won approval for boosters to fully vaccinated primary school children.

[Just in!] Pfizer has released long-awaited  favorable interim results od a 3 micro-dose regimen for children 6 months to 5 years old. No estimate yet on an FDA/CDC decision.

There are some concerns that we are drastically undercountng cases, that many positive results from at-home tests (including "free" ones from the Biden Administration) are not being reported.

Other Notes

Modest uptick in Blogger stats. I did have one 100+ pageview day several days back.It now seems likely (but not for certain) I'll surpass 1K for the month but barring an unexpected last week surge, I'll probably see a second straight multi-year low.

I still haven't resolved my ongoing problems embedding Facebook posts in my weekly social media digest posts. I recently started including links, like I've done for political cartoons in my daily posts. 

WWE had the RAW tag champs (Orton/Riddle) job the titles to the Smackdown champ Usos, which was widely expected in this unbeatable Bloodline storyline. I don't know if WWE will book a rematch or have Orton and Riddle feud over the loss. It's possible they are prepping the "New Bullet Club" (Styles/Balor) into a challenge, and I noticed Owens wearing longtime pal Zahn's merch (I'm not sure if they're teasing a possible tag team, but they are currently on different brands, and Zahn  is working a current storyline trying to link himself to Reign's Bloodline faction.  Edge's heel Judgment Day faction is intriguing, but I'm not sure where they are heading with that angle because there are no face factions. There have been rumors of turning Reigns babyface. There are rumors the Rock has cleared his acting schedule early next year, possibly hinting at a long-awaited clash with Reigns, a relative.