Analytics

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Post #5708 Social Media Digest

 Facebook 

I'm not sure why, but for some reason functionality of embedded posts seems to have changed, at least for my account. I first noticed the issue last week (no embed option and a separate code generation page didn't yield code that worked on post previews).  In the past, I noticed the issue depending on the scope of the audience but I hadn't changed the  (unrestricted) audience. I will troubleshoot the issue as time permits. The below images are not my own but taken from reposted in my public feed. In the future as necessary, I may post links, like I do for daily political posts.

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'I'm touched that the people actively chasing us around with needles have paused to talk to us about bodily autonomy. THIS IS THE BODY OF SOMEONE ELSE body your is This' 

 

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'liv cowin @livcowin THE BABY'S BODY IS NOT YOUR BODY THE BABY'S BODY IS NOT YOUR BODY THE ODY THE ODY THE ODY THE If you're not the one ODY THE -being injected THE -having your heart stopped THE -getting your limbs ripped off THE -having your skull crushed THE -being sucked out with a vacuum ODY THE It's not your body, not your choice. ODY THE BABY'S BODY IS NOT YOUR BODY THE BABY'S BODY IS NOT YOUR BODY ODY'

 May be an image of 5 people, child, people standing, outdoors and text that says 'ROE V WADE'May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Murray Rothbard @MurraySuggests Remember that the minimum wage law provides no jobs; it only outlaws them; and outlawed jobs are the inevitable result.'

 

Twitter 

I know the number of tweets dealing with abortion has been been disproportionately high mainly because leftists have responded furiously to the leak of a prospective decision overturning the Roe v. Wade precedent. As a pro-lifer, I welcome increased protection for the preborn that many states will embrace if the majority decision is finalized. Do I have unrealistic expectations? No. Post repeal, at least 16 states and DC have liberalized abortion laws; there are abortifacients on the market; there will be tourist abortions; there may be a black market; we don't even have a mechanism to monitor pregnant women. What we have relied on in the interim is persuasion: alternatives like adoption; more information on their baby's development; financial support, etc. I've never replied to every pro-abort tweet, and I don't like to repeat myself. Hopefully we'll see the trends taper down until the final decision is released.