Analytics

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Post #4720 M: SOHO Presidential Debate For Libertarians

Quote of the Day

Life is no brief candle to me. 
It is sort of a splendid torch 
which I have got hold of for a moment, 
and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible 
before handing it on to future generations.
George Bernard Shaw

SOHO Presidential Debate For Libertarians

I occasionally embed longer clips, in particular, SOHO debates. It will not surprise readers that I think the Jorgensen proxy won the debate; I've made it clear in tweets and posts that I intend to vote for Jorgensen and am not convinced by the argument mathematically Jorgensen can't win. I'm not going to go into a long analysis here. Ilya (Biden's proxy) is a fellow open-borders advocate and I think his strongest argument is on immigration; I'm not sure why others didn't challenge him more on union historical resistance to immigration and Deporter-in-Chief Obama. I found his trade argument weak, given among other things Clinton flipped on TPP and Democrats still oppose free trade on behalf of labor protectionist and environmental groups; they dislike the concept of temporary foreign visitors and regularly accuse of China of currency manipulation. As for Trump's proxy, other than maybe regulations and some court appointments, I was surprised Trump's targeting of Sanford, Amash, and Massie didn't get raised, his hostility towards Iran, etc. Only lip service to Trump's vast national debt accumulation, the COVID-19 spending bill, his self-serving use of the veto and dubious executive orders, his questionable abuses of "emergency authority", his refusal to look at social insurance reform, etc. I don't even think Trump's impeachment got raised. So I was disappointed that a lot of points I think weren't fleshed out.



A Pro-Masker Maces A Couple Eating Lunch




Fake Patriotism vs Athlete Indulgence



Choose Life

This fear over healthy cousins hugging is absurd.



Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Steve Breen via Townhall


Musical Interlude: The Beatles

"Blackbird"