Analytics

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Post #4709 Social Media Digest

Parler


Nothing really new here; I did mention the below-referenced Twitter timeout late last week and republished a few tweets/parleys, but almost no notifications beyond some libertarian-conservatives I'm following like the Paul's. So I'll probably combine them in next week's edition.

Facebook























































Twitter


Note: as I've commented in recent posts, around July 16 my Twitter account statistics dropped through the floor, after a hot streak of nearly 56K impressions/views in under 2 weeks, probably stronger than during the entire tenure of my recently retired 7-year @raguillem account (except for maybe the period around my biggest tweet ever at over 32K impressions a few months back). So all of a sudden I went from say 57 impressions to 0 or 1 impression for literally hours. There were other quirks, too, like common local impressions, say 3 for each of several consecutive tweets. Usually there's a lot of variability in tweet impressions. It's difficult to prove counterfactuals, of course, e.g., that tweet should have gotten 150 impressions, not 3. But, for example, I'll sometimes poke fun at myself which usually goes across well. So, for example, there was a trend on how you might maintain social distancing, and I wrote something like "put my photo on your face mask". And the response was--crickets! Now that sometimes happens to comedians doing stand-up, and it could be that this was simply a joke that went flat. I'm not saying dozens of likes or retweets, just impressions. (A lot of my "viral tweets" (>1K impressions) get under a handful of engagements (likes or retweets).)

I'm still not sure why the timeout, but it seemed to end last night, when I noticed jumping from single-digits to say over 50. Of course, that won't bring back my lost impressions because the interim trends have passed. It isn't just a question of stats, though; I was less motivated to tweet, knowing only a handful of people (if that) would likely ever see them. I don't know what motivated the timeout, and if it happened once, it could happen again. But as I write, things appear to be back to normal.

Whereas I normally provide up-to-date listings of tweets at point of publication, I'll probably include some late morning/afternoon tweets, including a Twitter war with an ICU nurse (referenced in the Facebook section), in the next edition, probably next Sunday.