Analytics

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Post #4697 Social Media Digest

Facebook



Ronald A Guillemette
I bet the NYC one gives Black Lives Matter protest attendance points off while attending Mass or a funeral a 10.























Parler

This is the first segment from the new social media "free speech" platform which I referenced in a recent post. I'm still getting used to the nuances from Twitter; to give examples, I'm not aware of embedding functionality (if any) and it looks as though there are only rudimentary statistics for parleys vs. comments (see the eye symbols for parleys below). There is a "discovery" mode which is something analogous to Twitter trends. There are other statistics for up-votes and down-votes which I don't snip below for formatting reasons. My most reactive comment below was to "There are a lot of legitimate..." which got 3 up-votes and 9 down-votes.



Twitter (new account @raguillemette)


Well, from a stat point of view, it was a good first week back with 4 tweets going viral (> 1K views). It's going to take time to rebuild my followers, about 76 when I retired my earlier account--that had built up over 7+ years; I'm at less than a handful. I did make a mega mistake, in my biggest tween confusing Congressman Peter King with sportscaster Peter King, who had ranted against hot dog eating contests. A couple of trolls caught my mistake, and I acknowledged the first one. I thought about deleting the tweet, but the tweet was more about comparing hot dogs to legislative sausagemaking than shaming the Long Island Congressman, who is one of my most despised Republicans (next to an Iowa Representative who recently was primaried).