Analytics

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Post #4635 Social Media Digest

Facebook











Twitter

It was a mixed bag on Twitter this week. After dropping off the viral tweet list  a few weeks back (my name for 1000+ impression tweets, I added 2 this week for 3 over the past 2 weeks. However, it was clear for about 2 days (around the time of the Amy Cooper kerfuffle), my tweet stats dropped off the cliff, e.g., less than 5 impressions on a trend, despite 75 followers at the time. It's difficult to know if my tweets were being filtered or Twitter manipulated the reporting of statistics; I didn't get any indications from Twitter what was going on. On 2-3 occasions over the past 15 months I've been been suspended for 12 hours or so, unable to tweet. It isn't so much the impressions because I don't tweet for the numbers, but let's face it: once a trend has passed, so does most of the audience for one's tweets.