Analytics

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Post #3703 M: My Favorite Former Congressman, Eminent Domain Abuse in WI

Quote of the Day

I've always tried to go a step past wherever people expected me to end up.
Beverly Sills  

My Former Congressman

I'm really pissed off about this; if I had not left the GOP over Trump, I would have over the expletive-deleted political whore Trumpkin who won the rest. If I were still living in North Charleston, I would either write in Sanford this fall, vote third party or abstain if my choices were Dem and GOP. As for Trump, I'm on record for his impeachment and conviction/removal from office. I would pay money to see someone kick his ass.



Eminent Domain Abuse in Wisconsin

God damn SCOTUS, Trump, Ryan and Walker.



George Will On the Nauseating Veep




Is Trump a Religious Cult?


This is more of a progressive analysis with which I don't agree but find interesting. To discuss one minor point, the race breakdown of the evangelical vote. What this guy intentionally sidesteps is that Clinton won a much higher percentage of other black voters. Evangelicals often recoil against taxpayer support of organizations like Planned Parenthood. Do they see Trump's business "success" as some sort a divine endorsement? I think a lot of people buy into the idea that Trump's wealth makes him less susceptible to corruption, but I don't know if that's an evangelical opinion. I do question how evangelicals choose to overlook Trump's blatant celebration of his marital infidelities. I do think there are cult-like elements to Trumpism, but I think the same could be said about Obamaism.










Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Steve Kelley via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

Elton John, "Step Into Christmas"