Analytics

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Post #3698 M: The Folly of Rebuilding Afghanistan, a Libertarian-Conservative Debate and More

Quote of the Day

A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; 
feels your fears but fortifies your faith; 
sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; 
recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.
William Arthur Ward  

Rand Paul On the Folly of Rebuilding Afghanistan




Choose Life: Baby Daughter Starts Her Day




A Libertarian vs Conservative Student Debate

With a foot in both camps, I come up with a split decision here. I think the Cato team was right on interventionism (against),  and I narrowly award the virtue question to Heritage. I do think laws or the absence thereof do reflect a sense of public morality (but I would argue that it's a limited footprint).

Adam Carolla: Keep the Beaches Free!





Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Steve Breen via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Elton John, "Honky Cat"