Analytics

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Post #3642 M

Quote of the Day

Liberty is the great parent of science and of virtue; 
and a nation will be great in both in proportion as it is free.
Thomas Jefferson  

FEE On the Population Boom



Kibbe On Rock 'N Roll and Liberty





Free Speech Is Under Attack




Facebook Corner

[Libertarian criticisms of conservatives are nothing new. I remember getting a personal email back from Don Boudreaux after noting on multiple occasions he had barked back at people who called him a "conservative" economist, wondering why he felt so insulted. Just as Ron Paul, I have no issue with the label, although I'm also comfortable with labels like libertarian, libertarian-conservative or paleolibertarian.]

 Nope. You guys keep writing absurd pieces (like the presentist analysis on the Civil War). American conservatism is not European-style but is based on a constitutional classical-liberal legacy. Don't confuse it with right-wing authoritarianism or unprincipled Trumpism; Ron Paul for instance is rated as one of the top House conservatives over the past 50 years, and his positions are hardly the pejorative you describe. http://politic365.com/.../ron-paul-leaves-congress-as.../

[Responding to an anti-gun sign at a teacher strike rally]

 So now teacher evaluations are assault weapons?

[Responding to some medical "journal" engaging in gender identity politics suggesting that topics like breastfeeding should not be discussed using "old stereotypes" on gender]

[Niece], check out the stupidity here. Babies with no training seem to figure out how to do it with their moms, which I classify as "natural". And the last time I checked, men don't lactate.

[A sister-in-law published a clip of some 4-year-old black boy handing out meals to grown adults. Apparently my response annoyed her enough to "defriend" me, as if I care. Long story. Not my favorite in-law. It started when she used the B word on one of my sisters.]

How sorry a human being do you have to be to take charity from a little boy

Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Eric Allie via IPI


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Jewel, "Down So Long"