Analytics

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Post #3633 M

Quote of the Day

Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength.
Anonymous  

Shapiro On the Starbucks Kerfuffles

Shapiro spends some time talking about property rights here and noting if his family stops at Starbucks to use the facilities, he'll buy something. He spends too much time on the Starbucks CEO's attempt to placate the affirmative action industrial complex with personnel sensitivity training. Shapiro then spends a long time debunking the validity of purported training.

I don't necessarily disagree with him but telling a private-sector company they shouldn't be wasting money on this crap is really beside the point. I've had to take drug tests since the days before I became a Navy officer, and I've never touched or transacted with the stuff. Same thing with ubiquitous, mandatory sexual harassment training. I've never had a single date with a colleague, manager or subordinate (including college students) in my work career. I've got a Mom, 4 little sisters, and 9 nieces. I find all this training is really unnecessary and rather presumptuous. But, you know, I signed a contract and I abide by the terms, even if and when I disagree with certain policies.

If you've followed my Twitter account, you know I've called for a counter-boycott over Starbucks' not putting their paying customers first.


YouTube Place

I haven't done many of these commentaries on Youtube. Here is (the "libertarian  girl"s) Julie Borowski's video rant, where she goes on explaining she stopped by a Starbuck's for an emergency bathroom break, refused to pay for even a water, and ended up peeing all over the floor--serves them  right. This rant is too timely to the national Starbucks kerfuffle to not be a reflection on it.

Is this satire? [I'm thinking because of the Marx Brothers makeup and the insanity of the rant.] No, Starbucks does not operate a public restroom; the costs of the restroom are ultimately paid for by--yes--paying customers. It's really bizarre that a "libertarian girl" would make a Statist commentary. I, in fact, a REAL libertarian, am boycotting Starbucks over the notorious PC-contrived protest against a couple of trespassing loitering blacks who refused to buy anything and also demanded to use said restroom--and refused to leave 3 times by police who warned them they could be arrested. The "progressive" CEO folds like the cheap, unprincipled jerk he is appeasing the intolerant left-fascists. I'm calling for a counter-boycott until Starbucks puts its paying customers first.

Inspiration Stories of Babies Hearing For the First Time






Florida and Anti-Competitive Occupational Licensing For Hearing Aid Professionals



Political Cartoon


Courtesy of Chip Bok via Townhall


Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists


Paul Anka, "I Believe There's Nothing Stronger Than Our Love"