Analytics

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Miscellany: 8/23/16

Quote of the Day
The ultimate measure of a man is not 
where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, 
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tweet of the Day
There Is a Choice



Clinton Foundation Corruption





The Climate Change Inquisition



Political Cartoon

Courtesy of Bob Gorrell via Townhall

Musical Interlude: My Favorite Vocalists

BJ Thomas, "The Eyes of a New York Woman". My first college girlfriend (first girlfriend, period, since I graduated HS at 16) was from New York (I often say that only good thing that came out of NY). I was the campus geek, and I couldn't believe that an older (22 yo) sweet gorgeous blonde was interested in me (in fact, she asked me out first (even the dorm playboy was congratulating me)). It turns out some women are attracted to smart dudes. She wanted a commitment from me (I was just 18, still a year from my degree) or she would move to a Catholic Pentecostal commune in the Dallas area (I've written about our first, only fight--she wanted skeptical me to go to a Pentecostal service. When a guy started "speaking in tongues", I was like "Oh, come on!"--she was pissed and then got up and started babbling--and I was mortified and pissed); I wanted her to stay, but I wasn't going to take responsibility for her decision. I haven't heard from her since, but I loved her. I know it was the right decision at the time, but woulda, coulda, shoulda. We would have made beautiful, faithful children.