Analytics

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Post #5801 M: Babylon Bee Top 10 Cartoons (and My List); Unconstitutional Suppression of Political Speech; Corporate Welfare

Quote of the Day

Joy is prayer - 
Joy is strength - 
Joy is love - 
Joy is a net of love 
by which you can catch souls.
Mother Teresa 

Babylon Bee Top 10 Cartoons

My Short List

 It used to be a lot of local stations had their own local shows with kid audiences, featuring cartoons, etc.; I remember in Florida McDonald's would cater birthday parties on the local show, which is probably why the folks on special occasions like First Communion would take us there as a treat.When we visited my maternal grandfather, the local show was called Boomtown, and I lived for my favorite Hercules cartoons. To this day, my Mom's cousin Connie teases me about singing along with the song, which she considered cute. A key point of the storyline is Hercules had to put on a special ring to exercise his special strength powers. The rest of the list is an assortment of mostly Saturday or prime time cartoons, not in a ranked order. Tiny Toons came out when I was a professor, I think. I don't remember much of the Mickey Mouse Club (I was very young at the time), but it probably ranks near the top.

The Mighty Hercules

Underdog

Bullwinkle

Tiny Toon

Yogi Bear

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

Johnny Quest

Popeye The Sailor Man

Mickey Mouse Club

Unconstitutional Suppression of Political Speech

Corporate Welfare

Choose Life

Political Cartoon

                                    Courtesy of Gary Varvel via Townhall

Musical Interlude: #1 Hits of 1989